Saturday, July 5, 2008

Aqua Pura


We had a team come in and sample the water in this area. I already had my doubts about what they call drinking water in Guiones and Pelada. The above image is how the current water tested. The water on the left is from a backup well that is used when power goes out. The one on the right is the city water line that comes to the homes in Playa Pelada. Normal water will test a lighter yellow color. This water tested black with high traces of things we will not mention. But thanks to a crew from Kentucky, Terry now has a backyard purifying system that puts outs the cleanest water in the area.

The Pumphouse roof had to be lifted so Saul took to the saw bench. He will only use this machete to cut things. I tried to hand him a saw and he looked at me like I was the devil.

New drain systems were dug to keep the drainage away from the purifying system.

Here is a view of what the pump house looked like before.


Here are the tanks inplace that will filter the water coming to the house. The team set them up to filter both the city water and the well.

A Costa Rican modification done to the roof and a low maintaince water purifying system in place. I have to take a few more shots to show the outcome so stay posted!..
Adios
~G

1 comment:

Jess said...

HI uncle graham its olivia I LOVE YOUR Pictures there great. I can see why you don't want to leave its pretty as can be . I hope you like the letter . I love the picture you posted with us showing of are muscle's !!! .It's been hard with out you i hope u come back soon!!! luv u!!!!!!!!