Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quick trip to the gulf.


I lived in South Florida for a few years and one of my goals was to catch the Gulf when it was good. That never happened while living there but it did happen while I was visiting my cousin in Orlando.

I got a call from a good friend Micky Hooks that it was going to be good and he drove up to Venice beach with a board for me to ride. The above image is what we saw. While I was very over gunned on a six six, I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Needless to say we spent the night in Sarasota (sleeping in the car,and on the sidewalk) to get up early and surf holmes beach.

Thanks Micky for the great time, and somewhat fuzzy evening. I expect to return the favor soon.

Saturday I will be back in Nosara with supplies to get me through the rainy month.

Adios,
G

No comments: