Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nite shooting Tip

I don't consider myself worthy of teaching photography but sometimes its' nice to help beginners out. I had problems learning how to shoot in the dark and after a few years of being drunk wondering around at night with my camera I feel as though I have somewhat progressed... (reading back on this sounds kinda creepy. I mean walking around drunk with a camera at night might not be advisable to some people)
Tuanis< style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(204, 0, 0);">Shot was taken with no light. 30 mins after the sun was completely down. In other words, it was dark as shit!!

It's easy here is how...

Tripod a must

Camera shutter 30seconds
Camera Aperture 3.5 or lowest
Camera ISO 400, higher is possible but you will get grain or forced to use noise reduction.


Timer used for final snap.

Post processing includes raised exposure, minor bakground dodging as well as normal unsharpmask sharpening. Pretty natural shot and due to the long shutter causes the silk effect of the water..

Hardest factor is using Manual Focus due to it being night. *Tip focus on distant house light and take it from there. It usually take 2 or 3 shots before getting what you are after.

No comments: