Monday, January 25, 2010

Bienviendos Nosara


Things people don't tell you about Nosara. Well because I have been spending so much time in Playa Guiones I realized I have lost one of the many reason I ever moved to this country...

I moved here to absorb culture, experience life, surf less crowded spots, and hang out with spanish speaking beauties. In the beginning it all seemed so real but like anywhere any time when we get somewhat comfortable we have these tendencies to resort back to old habits and ways.

Today I realized that I am fully surrounded by North Americans. I mean living in South Florida was more culture than Playa Guiones.. If I had a dime for every Yoga girl and Surf Student here I would be able to fund the next 20 years of my travels. When Ticos spend 80% of their day speaking English you know something is screwed...

If you don't know anything about Nosara its pretty simple. Playa Guiones is in the American Project. Meaning some gringos bought up a shit load of land and sectioned it off and labeled it with the dumbest name I have ever heard. "Proyecto Americano" is simple. 20 Surf schools, giant north american yoga centers, expensive land, a few bars, old gringos with money trying to date young women because they have no chance back home, and a consistantly shitty wave that has no proper form....

This is "High Season" Playa Guiones, Costa Rica... Bienviendos Nosara!

I think it's time to travel and wait for High Season to end~

No comments: